Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment for Face
• Avoid Accutane 6 months before
• Avoid IPL/Laser procedures 7 days prior
• 5-7 days prior no waxing, depilatory creams or electrolysis
• Avoid topical antibiotics, retinoids, antibiotics, exfoliates, hydroquinone, sunburn, and benzoyl peroxide 3 days before treatment.
• No shaving of area being treated on the day of the procedure
• Increase your water intake before the procedure, having 2 glasses of water with breakfast, lunch, and dinner. On the day of the PRP treatment, have 500mL of water before your procedure.
• See your physician for antiviral agent for 2 days prior to and day of treatment if history of cold sores
• Stop taking supplements that thin out the blood which increases bruising such as: green tea, Omegas (ﬁsh oil), primrose oil, vitamin E, Ginkgo biloba, aspirin (after consulting doctor).
• Omit from utilizing creams, lotions, make up and/or deodorant in area being treated
• Update practitioner on any changes in skin condition, medical history, supplements, medications, and over the counter medicines
• Deny client today if: active cold sores, herpes simplex, or warts in the area to be treated are present, open sores, sunburned, or excessively sensitive skin within the application area, pregnancy, dermatitis or inﬂammatory rosacea within the peel application
DAY OF TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS
POST-TREATMENT TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS
• Immediately after your PRP procedure, your practitioner may apply moisturizer topically.
• Sensitivity and/or Redness may be present (and last up to a few days, depending on the individual)
• Do not take any anti-inﬂammatory medications such as Advil, or any other ibuprofen. The medical agents may interfere with the natural inﬂammatory process, which is responsible for skin rejuvenation
• Tylenol can be utilized as needed for any soreness.
• Avoid prolonged sun exposure and sun tanning for at least 3 days, 10 days if possible. If exposed to sun, always use sun screen SPF30 or above
• If irritated, do not scratch or pick at treated skin; keep moisturized
• Avoid sweating or strenuous exercise for 24 hours due to open pores
• You may clean your face with cool water and gently pat dry no earlier than 4 hours after treatment.
• Cool compresses may be applied for excessive discomfort, burning, redness, or swelling.
• Mineral makeup may be applied after 24 hours.
• Regular skin care regimen may be restarted after 48 hours
• Multiple treatments are recommended for best results (series may range from of 3 – 5 treatments)